Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy late fathers day !

i hope every guy reading this ( ok, i hope every woman who has a great guy in her life reading this) had a WONDERFUL fathers day. This post is a little late and for that I am sorry. But I have sorted out and processed a lot of feelings about fathers day over the years and tonight i said to myself Why not hash out all my feelings on the internet for the whole world to see.

Sounds like a plan !

This is my dad
DSC_0162

handsome huh :)

Ok, so obviously I am not genetically related to a sculpture. But That statue represents the idea in my head I have of my Dad. As most of you know my dad passed away when I was a little girl. He was diagnosed with Lymphomia when I was six . He fought hard for four years. But God called him home the summer after we moved to Arizona. I was just ten years old. After My dad passed away my mom and I were at the mall when she spotted this statue in a store window. I remember watching her eyes well up with tears as she stared at the image of the firefighter in front of her. MY dad, the man she was deeply , madly, passionately in love with was a fire fighter before he got sick. My mom has told me that he was tall and handsome. That he was brave and kind. In that moment standing outside that window she saw her emotions in a work of art. She bought the statue and has kept it for 16 years now.

today was special.

As she prepares to move into a new phase of her life my mom passed the statue on to me. The timing is really appropriate.I am a adult now. I able to get through
fathers day with only a small lump in my throat. I think time has been a wonderful healer and of course I am comforted by the fact that I have a father in heaven who is king of kings and lord of lords. So I am a princess and all....

Oh and of course THIS GUY helps........

DSC_0005

This is the guy who has been in love with me since seventh grade. The guy who I lost touch with for over five years after high school and I still managed to marry. This is the guy who is father to all three of my daughters even if only one shares his dna.

He makes me laugh. He is the smartest man I have ever met. He works full time ( more actually) and he is in school full time.

And he makes the worlds best eggs. Just ask anyone who has been to my house for breakfast on a Saturday morning.

I love my husband with all my heart. He is a great Dad. He needs like a apron with those words written on it. Next year honey , I promise.

ok,

sorry for the gush. i am normally not a gusher.

but it felt appropriate.

I will leave you a few pictures of our fabulous photogenic family on fathers day.
And a big shout out to Grampy Renny. Ashlynn thinks your the coolest.
DSC_0139
DSC_0055
Love You Aunt Meghan. And your necklace is so pretty.

DSC_0133

and just in case you need to see a cute baby today
BW Essence
DSC_0143

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop